Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 dmax is always blowing HOT air on the drivers side. The passenger side blend door actuator appears to be working.
I ordered a new actuator and installed it and went through the recalibration procedure but I still only get HOT air.
I pulled the actuator and left it hang by the cable and tried to get it to move by moving the panel control up and down but I get NO MOVEMENT. Sliding the passenger side control I can hear the actuator moving and moving the round knob I can hear that actuator moving but NOTHING from the drivers side actuator.
I disassembled the old actuator and applied 9.6 volts(all I had) to the motor and it moves both directions and there is no issue with any of the gears. I pulled it apart and cleaned the contacts with alcohol and reassembled it.
I plugged it into the harness and tried getting the old one to move and still NOTHING.
Could I have a bad climate control module or something else?
Any ideas welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
946 Posts
Find the voltage necessary to make the door move and apply that. If it moves, there is a wiring problem. If it doesn’t, two bad actuators.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find the voltage necessary to make the door move and apply that. If it moves, there is a wiring problem. If it doesn’t, two bad actuators.
I already tested the motor and it runs in both directions when connected to 9.6 volts(all I had).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok not sure what did it but I did the following and now it works.
Disassembled the actuator and cleaned the contacts. Tested the motor and it works.
Disassembled the new unit and tested the motor and it works.
I pulled the control head, disassembled it just to see if there was anything obvious, found nothing, reassembled and reinstalled.
Pulled battery ground(s) and waited 45 minutes. (this is the 4th time I have done this)
Connected the old actuator to the harness, connected the ground wires and turned the key to on and I saw the actuator moving so I turned off the key and installed the old actuator. I let it go through the relearn and now all is well but WTF. I have no idea why it worked this time but not the previous times and not with the new actuator. BTW the innerds of the new actuator are somewhat different than the old one.

Any way, for now it is working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts