Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i was driving home this morning from work, and i was going up a decently steep hill. i was accelerating pretty hard before i heard a noise and then my truck kinda jerked a little, then my rpms dropped, then started increasing but my transmission wasn’t shifting right away, then i noticed my check engine light came on. Going to Autozone today to check for any codes, but any of you happen to have a general idea? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
245 Posts
You MUST get the codes (write them down before clearing) to have the slightest clue as to what is wrong. You don't have an OBDII monitor that can clear codes? I always tell everybody I won't leave town without one.

Here, I'll give it a guess. P020x where x is 2 or 7, accompanied by P214x where x is 9 or 6. Injector connectors are notorious on the LLY, especially on cylinders 2 and 7 (but could also happen on any of them). The check engine light comes on and it goes into limp mode (max 2000 rpm, no power to get your attention).

But other things can cause the problem, so get the codes!

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
Hard to provide any ideas without codes, but your description sounds like you may have limped your transmission. Generally when that happens it will clear itself when you shut it off and restart but if it is a trans limp, it will only happen more frequently. You can buy a decent code reader for less than $150, I always carry one with me and it's saved me a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to provide any ideas without codes, but your description sounds like you may have limped your transmission. Generally when that happens it will clear itself when you shut it off and restart but if it is a trans limp, it will only happen more frequently. You can buy a decent code reader for less than $150, I always carry one with me and it's saved me a lot of $$$.
Thank you for the input, i believe that is what it was as well. A couple hours later i drove it again and it turned off while i was driving, and i’ll definitely be getting a code reader !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts