Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot about injector wiring issues, I have done a lot of troubleshooting. Codes 201,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,2146,2149. Replaced connectors on injectors 2 and 7, inspected all wiring. I’m still having the same issue. Has anyone had both banks shutdown? I’ve been to a GM dealer and they couldn’t diagnose. Brought to another shop and they couldn’t diagnose either. It will run for several weeks then bam shutdown. When it was running we pulled and tugged on all the wiring and it won’t repeat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the wiring that is secured to the alternator bracket.I put a piece of hose on my harness and resecured it. Also check the wire harness connector bracket above left engine valve cover; may have a rub from a bolt. May want to check your grounds and wire harness connectors are secure. You can get a wiring schematic from GM upfitter. Good luck.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,558 Posts
Sounds to me like a ficm issue. Got one you can pull off any try?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced FICM. Truck runs great.
Thanks for the information and ideas.
Question: If I remove the catalytic converter and delete the EGR. Will I gain any HP.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,558 Posts
Getting rid of the catalytic converter will open the exhaust up and let it breathe better. A full exhaust will help more than just removing the cat, but that is getting harder and harder to do with the clinching grasp of EPA enforcement. EGR delete will help as well, so it could free up a couple horses between the combination of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts