Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I have never posted a question , but have used Duramax Forum many times for suggestions and information. This time I do need HELP! Yesterday morning I left my home and made it about 200 yds. and my truck quit running! The truck started as normal.It died suddenly with not much sputtering. I popped the hood and primed the filter until the pump felt hard. The truck would then run for about 5 seconds and shut off again. I did this three times to get it up a small hill and then pushed it the rest of the way back to my driveway.The night before I had replaced the upper intermediate shaft with a new Borgesson unit and replaced the rear drivers side wheel. I drove the truck about 10 miles after the work was done and it ran great. The fuel filter had about 2000 miles on it so I replaced it with a new Wix yesterday. While cranking it the few times that i did to get it back to my driveway the batteries had died to the point that they barely turned the engine over. I charged the batteries enough to hook my programmer up to the OBD port get the codes out of it. Later I bought two new optima batteries and installed them hoping this was just some kind of dead battery issue. I did check and make sure that something did not get unplugged when i was messing with the steering shaft , and there is nothing obvious. I also looked over the injector wires at the alternator bracket and nothing looks rubbed through. The fuel is at a half a tank and the other half a tank was used to drive to Maryland last weekend where the truck ran fine. I have purged the new filter a few times and am confident that there is no air in it. When the batteries were dead yesterday , the check engine light came on , but has went off with the install of the new batteries. There is no water in fuel light on. The codes that i got are P1621 , P1093 ,P0700 and P0404. The only mods I have done is a 4" exhaust , an Afe intake , Afe turbo mouthpiece and a bully dog E3 programmer that I have set on economy/tow. If I cannot get this thing running I am going to have to have this thing towed to a garage. I would really appreciate any advice that you guys have to offer. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Pump the primer button, until hard to push-- then check all around the filter housing for any leaks. Any leak will cause problems.

I assume you bleed the air out when you replaced the filter, and you have fuel at the bleeder screw.

The P1621 is a memory code, caused by some tuners-- does not appear to cause problems.
The 1093 is a fuel problem - might have been when you changed the filter.
The 700 is a trans code-- there is always another code with this-- ever limp the trans-?
The 404 is probably caused by the exhause-- should not hurt anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response. Yesterday before I even took the old filter off , I pumped it up and looked at the housing for any signs of fuel leaking. Everything looked dry. I did bleed the air out after I replaced the filter. I actually pumped a little more fuel than normal, just to be sure. I have never limped the tranny. I did read on here yesterday that the 700 code happens sometimes when the batteries are dead. Is this true?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
no it doesnt.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
no, thats what the big button on top of your filter housing is for, pump it by hand, only downfall to a Dmax unless you get a liftpump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts