Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the below truck. I used to have a LB7 a few years ago, and regret selling it. Came across this truck on marketplace. 2005 with 161k on the odometer. I live about 6 hours away, but was able to facetime with the dealer. They crawled under the truck, along the rockers, inside, under the hood, and all looked good. Before they started it up I had them squeeze the radiator hose and were able to squeeze it pretty easily. Also, had them take off the coolant cap couldn't hear any air, or see any bubbles. Truck started right up no issue. They did say it had a P0087 code, but had the parts to replace the fuel pressure relief and were putting a new fuel filter on. Looked like the truck still had the EGR on it, but couldn't tell if blocked, had a cold air intake, and had a Edge tuner. Not sure about transmission work, but did see it had a different PTO cover on it.

I don't drive a lot, but when I do it will be with my camper (5-6,000lbs). Wondering if there is anything else I should look for, or be weary of?

Thanks in advance! I tried to do as much research on the interwebs before posting.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Youtuber Truck Master has some great videos on this topic that I found really helpful when I was shopping last summer for my first diesel:

I also put together a Diesel Inspection paper checklist to take along with me when looking at trucks, based on info from those and other videos. I'm no expert but it helped me stay focused and remember everything when seeing trucks in person. If you'd like a copy shoot me a PM with your email and I'd be glad to send it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youtuber Truck Master has some great videos on this topic that I found really helpful when I was shopping last summer for my first diesel:

I also put together a Diesel Inspection paper checklist to take along with me when looking at trucks, based on info from those and other videos. I'm no expert but it helped me stay focused and remember everything when seeing trucks in person. If you'd like a copy shoot me a PM with your email and I'd be glad to send it out.

Sent you a PM!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts