Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy bought a Prodigy controller for his 2005 2500HD with the wiring pigtail. The box for the pigtail said it was for a 2002, but the salesman said it matched in his computer for a 2005. Does this sound right? The instructions said to plug it into the electrical panel under the dash, top left, second plug in. I then tested the wires with a meter and the Black was the only *hot* wire. Installed the Prodigy, plugged its wiring harness in, then attached the four wires to the factory wires (Black to black, etc). The unit came on as the instructions said:). Last I popped the hood, opened the big fuse box, removed the plug on the top left, then installed a 40 amp fuse.
Any mistakes I made??? We won't be able to plug it into a trailer until next week...but I think it is good to go:gearjamin

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like you got it all covered, but i have never installed a prodigy, but i wouldent think its any different than any other good controler!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank goodness for RV.NET forums...lots of people there were eager to help with my mistake...GM has two different wiring pigtails sold and I had the wrong one. The guys on that forum sent me the links I needed to correct the problem:cool

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Roger45, I just yesterday hooked up my prodigy from a 99 Silverado to my new 07 LBZ Siverado and couldn't figure out why I had no Brake lights, Right blinker and the controller was showing eronious readings. I too found out the difference in pigtails! Just changed out a wire to the "A" slot..(found out through local shop here) and back to normal! Heck of a note to think some of the things I was thinkin!!! Glad it worked out with you as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts