Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of replacing my '02 2500HD with an '06 or '07 3500HD (SRW, standard bed, 4x4, CC). There are quite a number of trim levels listed when doing a model search. Anybody got a list, or link to a list, of the various trim level details? Thanks...

Lyle

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
W/T is the base trim. The pillar emblem will read 'Silverado'. This trim will be basic; crank windows, manual locks and mirrors, vinyl seats with a cloth seating surface option, shift on the floor 4x4, vinyl floor.

LS is the mid level trim which will afford you all the power options (windows, locks, mirrors), full cloth seats, carpet, rear defogger, optional power seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, and push button 4x4.

LT is the top trim which will add a full center console, optional power leather seats with heat, heated mirrors with signal, Bose stereo, automatic climate control, and steering wheel controls.

There are other differences, but these are the basics to give you an idea.

·
Registered
959 Posts
LT in those years is split into LT1, LT2 and LT3
the LT1 will be cloth with the nice radio and other power options
LT2 is the leather, can have center or jump seat, bose and a few other goodies
LT3 bose, leather, sun roof typically and basically every option you can find on a 06 truck.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
The difference between LT1 and LS is pretty foggy at times. I looked at a 2006 LS that had center console, steering wheel controls, and I believe it had the upgraded radio as well. I then looked at an LT1 and it seemed to be practically identically optioned out.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
SLE and SLT are the GMC equivalent to LS and LT, respectively. "Classic" refers to 2007 trucks with the GMT800 (99-07) bodystyle, and so non-Classic refers to 2007 trucks with the GMT900 (07-14/15) bodystyle, since GM made both bodystyles that year.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SLE and SLT are the GMC equivalent to LS and LT, respectively. "Classic" refers to 2007 trucks with the GMT800 (99-07) bodystyle, and so non-Classic refers to 2007 trucks with the GMT900 (07-14/15) bodystyle, since GM made both bodystyles that year.
Thanks. Is that change what signifies the change to having to use DEF, too? If not, do you know the S/N break that signifies this?

Lyle

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
You're probably confusing DEF (urea/scr) with DPF (diesel particulate filter). The DPFs started with the new body style (07.5 LMM).

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I thought chev had wt, Ls, lt, and ltz trims
I thought GMC had wt, sl, sle, and SLT trims

Just thinking out loud here folks.....
I never really understood what the deal was with GMC during the GMT800 years. I think SL was their version of WT, but I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
SL was base trim for the 800s.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're probably confusing DEF (urea/scr) with DPF (diesel particulate filter). The DPFs started with the new body style (07.5 LMM).
Thanks, Erik. Now, to take this in a bit of a different direction...

The Boss has said that I can start looking for another truck :neener, so this brings out more questions. I never heard anything much good about the DPF engines, so if I can't find an '06-early '07, I'd be better off with a DEF engine; correct? I'm hauling light loads for the most part, but will also be towing a 10k-12k fifth wheel.

Lyle

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The 06-early 07 engine is an 'LBZ'. These engines have an EGR, DOC, and PCV. The late 07-10 engine is an 'LMM'. These engines have an EGR, DOC, DPF, and PCV.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Do you have a guesstimation on amount? And where ya located? I have a 06 3500 cc lb SRW I may part ways with

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.