Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my rear fender wells are rusting out and I guess I'll be needing a new bed. I have a 2006 2500HD Short bed. Should be a picture below. I'm hoping to find a good used one to paint to match. What years will work and will the 1500 beds work on this truck? Also, any suggestions on where to look for one, of course rust free preferably, close to WV.....within 500 miles or so?

Attachments

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,519 Posts
Any 99-2007classic truck short bed will fit. Half ton and 3/4ton used the same standard/short bed. Don't get one from a half ton crew-cab truck, because they used a 5ft 8in bed on them so it would be lacking bit

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any 99-2007classic truck short bed will fit. Half ton and 3/4ton used the same standard/short bed. Don't get one from a half ton crew-cab truck, because they used a 5ft 8in bed on them so it would be lacking bit
Thanks. Any other tips or things I should be aware of?

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,519 Posts
Go ahead and buy new bolts, you will likely break yours taking the old one off. Two or three friends and you make it pretty easy to lift the bed off and on. Its not a bad job at all. Southern beds are your best bet, I have one right now for my LB7 that is clean as can be

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Southern Truck Beds Strasburg, Oh.
Just off of I77 between Canton and Newcomerstown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts