Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it in October 05, its my dream truck. Red crew cab, long bed, diesel and allison trans. Its awsome. will post picture soon.

I am thinking of installing power steps... Anybody have them?? If so can you tell me how the are???

:peelout

thanks
Pete

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pete what exactly are power steps......is this some kind of terminology i've never heard, or some kind of engine upgrade?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ahh...power steps, haven't heard them called that before. Yeah, those are really nice....and expensive I've seen. I wouldn't mind having them on my truck, but i'm still young and don't mind jumping/falling in and out....:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice, but I could think about a lot more other things I would like to spend $1200 on first for the truck :D . Mine came with the factory bars already, works for me. But its kind of nice that it retracks up & hidden.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah anything cool that retracts like that is awesome. I would only invest money in them if my truck was crazy tall and I didn't want the look of step bars hanging way down all the time........i'd love to have them now, but that's a bend over price...

·
Registered
10 Posts
A buddy has had them on a ford for about three years now and no problems, and with the doors closed they are inviseble. It's a nice touch on a new truck, but pricy. good luck with the new ride:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did A Dura Do Dat said:
Yeah anything cool that retracts like that is awesome. I would only invest money in them if my truck was crazy tall and I didn't want the look of step bars hanging way down all the time........i'd love to have them now, but that's a bend over price...
Have you considered power steps that are made for a motor home RV? They would only fit for one door each due to their design though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys,
I also have a long bed crew cab and wish to find someone that sells what has been called "Wheel to Wheel" for this long bed. I see a lot of them advertised, but they are only for the short bed. Maybe I'm asking too much to actually have them fill the gap between the two axles. I just measured and from the rear of the front wheel well to the front of the rear well, I measure roughly 125". I say roughly because I was measuring by myself.
I emailed the Westin truck accessory company and a rep replied that they don't make anything for the long bed.
Any suggestions? I wish to have the SS tubular with three steps. I really don't have the $$$ for the moving steps as described in this thread.
Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Westin's has wheel well to wheel well boards and Putco has 4" one's also, but they are very pricey.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, I'll try the putco. I've communicated with Westin, and their W2W bars are for only the short bed.
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts