Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to pick up a camper today, 2006 Duramax with 4500 miles on it throwing a "turbo" code according to the dealership. They didnt have time to look at it today and said it would be ok for me to take it to pull a 33foot camper. The diesel tech wasnt even in. And the guy i talked to laughed at me when i said it didnt feel like the turbo was spooling up right when i hit the accellerator around 35MPH.. felt like there was a bunch of lag. Who is the fool here and what should i do!?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Is there a different dealer that is close? Do you know what code you have? Do you have any mods on the truck? A clogged fuel filter will give you some of the same indications that you are talking about. If we knew the code that you were getting, it would be easier to give you a direction to go. BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer couldnt remember what code it was and wants me to bring it back in the morning, I figured if he told me to do it and it blew up, It would be covered on warranty, so i went and got my camper. Made it back home. But i am still curious as to why he said that it is throwing a turbo code and he let me drive it. No other dealerships around

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Personally I would have had him put it in writing that it was ok to drive. Chances are that if you did blow it up, then he wouldn't remember his conversation with you. Hopefully they get it all figured out. It might be just a programming update to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts