Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator / Web Servant
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Dont know if you heard this or not already, but in 2006 they will be putting 6spd Allison Transmissions in the Duramax pickups. Yipee!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
yea and the Turbo creates more boost a little sooner...also for 2006.5 the LBZ Duramax debuts with 360HP/650TQ compare to LLY's 310HP/605TQ

The first five gears in the new allison are the same they only add a sixth (second over-drive sorta)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually, the 6th gear is a 0.61 ratio compared to the 5th gear at 0.71 This should result in either higher highway speeds, or increased fuel economy at former speed. The question is, what will the impact of the LBZ increases in HP & Torque be on fuel economy
Can't use either 5th or 6th when towing, however, so the new ratings may be VERY important.

·
Registered
55 Posts
im regulary in 5th when towing...

·
Registered
55 Posts
also the LBZ doesnt come out until '06.5 so better fuel economy for the owners of '06 trucks guaranteed...if only I was one of them :-\
im waiting for a totaled '06 to come around so I can grab the alli out of it :)...assuming it has the same communication as the 5 speed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why wait ? the 2005 (and 2004 I think) had the same tranny but with the 6th electronically locked out. There's a mod available to unlock the 6th in those.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Diesel gnubie said:
Why wait ? the 2005 (and 2004 I think) had the same tranny but with the 6th electronically locked out. There's a mod available to unlock the 6th in those.
from what ive heard is all the alli 1000 series are 6spd but they are missing the hydraulics and programming to enable that 6th gear. (as discussed on tdp forums.)
I would LOVE it if it were a simple programming update!! but never that lucky...lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
New engines too

The Allison is pretty decent. I've heard the GM is working on 6.4L and 6.9L Duramax's to come out within the next few years. Anyone got any info?

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
im regulary in 5th when towing...
I think side by side. The one in the pic had none and the one in the shop was not assessable.

SENT THROUGH MY DURAMAX'S BUNG HOLE

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I think side by side. The one in the pic had none and the one in the shop was not assessable.

Ignore this, app is acting up again. Should have been in the Military vehicle thread.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Haha I saw u posted on a thread from 2005, made me laugh! Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts