Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 06 LBZ, real clean truck that runs great and was well maintained. I noticed that the oil pressure gauge starts to bounce around intermittently on occasion, and the low oil pressure message will come up on the message board. Other than that the truck is running perfectly fine and I haven't seen or heard anything that seems unhealthy. I replaced the oil pressure sensor and that didn't fix the issue. I'm going to pick up a mechanical oil pressure gauge today and plug that in the verify for sure that the pressure is good. Anyone else run into this? And if so what was the fix?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those years of silverado/tahoe shared the same gauge clusters. They have a history of failing. I have had speedometers show 110 MPH while going 45, volt gauge showing 20 volts, and fuel gauge pointing at 6 o'clock at various times.

Note, I was recently doing some work to my truck and disconnected the batteries. Upon reconnecting them the volt gauge started reading accurate and the fuel gauge wants to but shows low fuel level at a quarter of a tank. I am going to try again after i top off the tank. My sons '05 Tahoe which has already had its gauge cluster replaced several years ago now shows the oil pressure pinned to the right side of the gauge. Verify with a mechanical gauge and go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts