Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance for the long post but any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated). I recently picked up a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD with an LBZ engine. Truck is 100% stock besides a 4” MBRP exhaust in its current state. Bought the truck needing a fuel pressure regulator because the truck was pushing max rail pressure even at idle. Replacing the FPR fixed the rail pressure issue but found that the constant high rail pressure had taken out 3 injectors, so I went ahead and installed 8 remanufactured genuine BOSCH injectors with new return lines and fittings. Truck ran fine, didn’t want to strain my CP3 but didn’t feel the need to buy a big FASS lift pump, looked for alternatives and ended up buying the BMP lift pump that replaces your stock fuel filter housing as I read those are prone to leaking. Installed the pump, truck idles fine, go to back the truck out of the garage and the truck runs like garbage. Truck goes into limp mode and throws P0088 high fuel rail pressure. Immediately removed the lift pump and the truck ran fine again. Fast forward to present day, (truck is still stock form with no lift pump). The truck is idling and I can hear a slight surge at idle. Go to drive it and the engine starts running like garbage and throws a P0088 AGAIN in its stock form. I cleared the codes to limp it home, only a mile. Let the truck sit for a bit, fire it up letting it warm up and went for another ride this time with my shitty scan tool to look at actual FRP. The fuel rail pressure was spot on with the desired at idle and during driving, but I noticed that if you give the truck 1/2 throttle and up and then let off/decel, the desired rail pressure goes down meanwhile the actual rail pressure lingers and sometimes even goes up a bit higher, before slowly coming back down to what it should be. Now my issue is that I installed a duralast fuel pressure regulator, which I wouldn’t be surprised if it went bad, it just doesn’t seem like the symptoms align. Does anyone know if this could be an issue with the parts store FPR, the CP3, or some sort of fuel return issue? Thank you if anyone could chime in it would be greatly appreciated. I also would like to mention that the truck has stalled on me before while driving on the road. Pulled over, but the engine did not lose its prime, literally fired right back up and drove as if nothing ever even happened.

adam

·
Registered
42 Posts
No the rubber fuel lines i know there are 2 coming off the filter head I don’t know if or where there are other ones. But I’ve read on other threads guys recommending replacing those cause they cause problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts