Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 LT LBZ with the factory, power, towing mirrors on it. The turn signal in the upper section of the passenger side side-view tow mirror DOES NOT work (at all—none of the LEDs work), however the power adjustments DO still work.
From what I have read, there is a little plug on the back piece of that glass (glass GMPart# 15933018, which costs $186), and apparently it can go bad/stop working/lose connection, etc.
I do not think anything is wrong with the wiring, because everything on that door still works, including the power mirror adjustments.
So, I'm just trying to figure out what else might be causing this, before I drop $186 on a new piece of upper glass (and am hoping that I don't have to).
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
30,105 Posts
On mine, it's only the 3-5 at the center that fail, along with the others that are lit, they are dim. And then at other times, they all light up bright, regardless of whether any running lights are lit or not.

I'm thinking it's a ground issue. While the other mirror movement functions may work, LEDs are real picky 'bout their grounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.