Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my eye on something else so listing my truck for sale:

Located in Conroe, TX. (just north of Houston)

Vin: 3GCEK14X36G198896

Info:
2006 silverado 1500 4x4 (manual 4x4 on floor, not auto by swtich on dash)
3.73 gears w/ locking differential
5.3 v8 w/ NV3500 manual 5 speed
3" lift on 33" nitto trail grapplers with 18x9 xd wheels

Mods:
Custom tuned ECU from nelson performance (89 Octane)
Pacesetter long tube headers
Pacesetter O/R Y pipe
I just replaced my lightning style Gibson side exhaust with a magnaflow setup that comes out the back. Cali style, (tips point and angle down)
Grantelli Cold Air Intake
Kenwood stereo, aftermarket component speakers, alpine amp, and 2 10"s behind the seat
5k hid headlights, cree led reverse lights, brand new in box 5k hid fog lights (not installed)
kobalt black low pro tool box
beliner
tinted windows
Full color-matched front end, mirrors, and tailgate handle. I have the smooth door handles but I haven't had them painted yet. I do have a paint-matched top bumper pad, but I didn't like the fitment so I took it off. But I do still have it.
Also have a brand new in the box 50" cree LED curved light bar, just need to order the brackets to mount it. Unless I mount it on the truck, it is not included. but will sell for a good deal separate.

Truck had 81,508 miles on it when i installed the 5.3. (5.3 motor had 97k). It currently has 89,XXX miles on it. These are the parts that i replaced when i put the motor in:
-Brand new duralast water pump and thermostat
-Brand new duralast A/C compressor
-New AC Delco spark plugs, wires, and coil packs (yes all 8 coil packs replaced)
-8 brand new GM fuel injectors
-New set of motor mounts and frame mounts
-New belt, tensioner and pulley, idler
-New oil dipstick tube and dipstick
-New optima red top battery
-New duralast starter
-Replaced all gaskets on top end, ABSOLUTELY NO OIL LEAKS
-Fresh penzoil platinum full synthetic oil and AC delco filter, Fresh coolant
-Brand new SACHS clutch and flywheel with new TOB and Pilot bearing (shifts SMOOTH)
-Long tube headers, y-pipe, and gibson stainless catback
-2 new O2 seonsors

I have over $5,000 in reciepts for every part i have bought for this truck. I really love this truck, its very fun, and super clean both inside and out, but I think its time to let it go. No dents, a few dings in drivers door and 1 on the tailgate, no swirls in the paint. Inside looks like nobody ever even sat in it. Absoluty beautiful truck, tasteful mods, and a rare combo with the v8 and 5 speed.

I do daily this truck so the millage will go up. There are 2 codes currently on the truck. Both lean conditions in bank 1 and 2. I am currently working with nelson performance to correct this issue, but ive put all the miles since the engine swap on it like it is so it is in no way an issue that will result in not being able to drive or daily the truck.

$13,500 cash price or will entertain trade offers for 2004+ duramax. Trade value is higher. I can add cash obviously, but Im looking for something at or less then $30k and less then 150k miles. Im fine with moderate mods and small lifts. I don't want anything over 6" of lift, and Im really not wanting something that big.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Trade for a mega cab cummins?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Was the truck originally a V-6?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trade for a mega cab cummins?
Not really what I was looking for but you can pm me some info and pics.

Was the truck originally a V-6?
Yes it was, I bought it with the v6 in it and swapped in the 5.3 and the mods you see now at 81,508 miles. Currently has about 89,300 miles on it.

I actually had an opportunity to sell it for asking price and I held on to it. Had a family member pass away and I inherited another 2006 silverado ext cab w/ 57k miles. So now this truck is in my garage on jack stands. Don't really need to sell now, and Millage will likely not go up at this point. If I get a good trade offer I'll consider it, other then that I will likely be changing a few things on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Red

Made some changes to the front end. I'll add more pics this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
This is a cool little truck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a cool little truck!
Thanks man!

At this point, unless I get a good trade offer on a duramax, ill be finishing this truck with the plans I had and price will change:
-get my color-matched door handles on
-get the tailgate bezel and rear bumper color-matched (that way the paint stuff is done)
-I have a set of matching HIDs for the fog lights, need to install all that
-Get the light bar on since I have it already
-Going to replace the lift with a 6-7" kit with BMF novakane wheels and 35s (current wheels and tires will go on my other 06)
-Install cam (TSP 220r w/ 112 LSA)
-Get a full center console and mod it for the manual trans
-Convert over to power windows and have my seats covered in leather.
-Change gear ratios down the road most likely, this will be last

Besides the lift and tires, the rest is all relatively cheap, and I have some of the stuff already. So this will most likely happen soon, im ordering the RCX 4.5" kit for the new ext cab and ill be pulling these wheels and tires off really soon. So that will put me in gear to get the new lift and tires for this truck.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
At least the rear bumper is non-chrome so painting will be a breeze.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At least the rear bumper is non-chrome so painting will be a breeze.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I had a LLY out of an 2004.5 that I was going to put in here, and convert to 8 lug and zf6 trans all that good stuff. May tinker with that idea again. But would like to find a donor truck. Going to be spending close to 20k on concrete at the end of this month so well see how it goes. Its definitely going to be stored away for a little while at this point.

Honestly, now that I have another daily, which was the whole goal. I think im just going to keep it for a while. I wanted another duramax, but until I get my shop up I don't really need one. So this new 1/2 ton daily will meet my needs for the time being. Just didn't want to keep dailying this truck, its too nice for a work truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.