Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum, i have a chevy 06 lbz looking to stuff some 20X12 -24 offset fuel octanes wrapped in 305/50/20 420s.. Anyway just wana make sure this mod will work dont want to go hacking away for nothing. I had my torsion keys lowered but are now back to stock height

·
-Jordan
99 Posts
Ive been searching for about an hour now.. Cant seem to find an answer as to if the fender flares need to be trimmed a lot for the large fender mod on an obs. Ive read the instructions and understand all of that, but that truck didnt have flares. Sorry if its been covered already, just couldnt find it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The mod only affects the inside corner of the fender, not the outside of the fender or a fender flare so I would see no reason to have to modify the fender flare at all

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I had to trim the bottom of my flares because they tuck in underneath where the mod is on my nbs. Won't be a big deal if you need to on an obs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What is the offset on these wheels?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man I am looking to step up my tire size to some 285s and would like to check the mod out, but I can't get the pic to load. I've searched all over and found some through Google images. I'd really like the step by step though. Anyone ele have a different link I can try out? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Great write up! I just finished up last night with the fender mod and have to say it wasn't too bad at all. I might add that I used a bottle jack to push the metal up to start the new bend and once it was up enough i finished with a heavy hammer.

I got some new cooper stt pro tires installed today. 285/70/17 No rubbing at all with the 33" tires.

Edit: The tires actually measure 32.25"

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Finally picked up some new tires to replace the stock SR-A's. 295/60R20 Toyo MT's. Rubbed real bad until I did this mod yesterday. I also gave the torsion bolts a few turns a piece to even everything out while I had her jacked up. Now I have no rubbing whatsoever. Pretty easy procedure and the pictures helped a ton!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sub'd.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts