Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I just bought a 2007 Jayco Seneca motorhome with a Kodiak c4500 6.6L. Unfortunately it didnt come with a owners manual and I have a few questions as some dash lights came on and it went into limp mode.

1-Anyone know how much engine oil it holds?
2-shouldnt it be marked on the engine or cab somewhere?
3-anyone know how to clear the "oil can with wavy lines under it" light? I tried turning on the ignition and stepping on the accelerator 3-5 times.

Thanks in advance
Shawn

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jc8825 - Thanks for the reply. I also have 2008 Chevy Silverado Duramax... I also assumed that my Kodiak held the same amount of oil, but the dip stick on my Kodiak still shows add oil. I was thinking maybe the C4500 series had bigger oil capacities since they hauled/towed more.

Thanks for the Jayco owners manual link too.. I have that manual, unfortunately it doesnt talk about the cab and chassis or engine specs. So was looking for the Kodiak owners manual... I was thinking that I could find the oil capacity in that.

Thanks again

Shawn

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
C4500, 5500, 6500 Dmaxes take 14-16 qts of oil.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Correction: 14.6 qts of oil for the Kodiak with the 6.6L. The Kodiak manual is linked above as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.