Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 GMC 2500 HD Duramax that we bought in Oct and it has about 13,000 miles and about a month a go after hauling some horses the truck would start and then just shut down We finally got it started, called the dealer and they said sound like a clogged fuel filter. We had that changed and two days later I had been pulling the horses again, and it happened, this time could not get it started and had to be towed in. They said it was a bad part in the fuel filter system, that time it was in the shop 3-4 days.... Well guess what, it just did it again, this is now going on 5 days in the shop and they are saying it was a bad fuel filter kit. I don't think they really know what the problem is and this is getting real old I need to go get hay and I am in a little bitty car and paying for this truck. And I am posting this for my husband so I am not mechanically inclined but......funny thing is the truck will start run about 3 secs every time then it just stops no sputtering just stops it waill start again and again each time doing the same thing. Atleast this time when they towed it in it would not start for them.....any ideas???? My fear is it will not get fixed and I will be out with the horses and kids and have this problem.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
It does sound like a fuel filter problem. It is probably a bad fuel filter head or cracked bleeder screw. It could also be a pinched fuel line. I am assuming no mods on this truck since it is almost brand new?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
/yes the problem dose have all the symptoms of a bad fuel filter but i have heard in two cases with the same symptoms and the fix ended up being a bad cp3 pump ( inj pump)!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
lemon law

How many times does it have to go back to the dealership before the lemon law kicks in? 5 times maximum here.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You would have to look it up by state....most states are 3 times for the same problem IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts