Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
They drivers side batt has a short in it, I am going to replace it with a bigger better bat then that interstate that's in it
INTERSTATE batteries=Garbage

Get some AC Delcos in there, they're far better quality.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
INTERSTATE batteries=Garbage

Get some AC Delcos in there, they're far better quality.

My Interstate batteries seem like there on there way out, have a full 12.3V but when cranking a cold engine, it turns it over slowly, not enough amps I guess. Think ill go with your suggestion on the AC delco batteries, can't afford the Odessey now

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
My Interstate batteries seem like there on there way out, have a full 12.3V but when cranking a cold engine, it turns it over slowly, not enough amps I guess. Think ill go with your suggestion on the AC delco batteries, can't afford the Odessey now
Cool. After about a dozen of interstate battery failures personally over the last 20 years, I avoid them like the plague, lol.

My brother in law tried switching to Interstate batteries for all his equipment (a skid worth of batteries)a couple years ago against my warning and he has spent thousands of $$$$ replacing them. He now feels the same way about Interstate batteries, lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm an interstate dealer, so i get the good ones cheap, its really strange, last night it was 25 degrees here and it fired right up. The other morning it was 45 and i had to charge it up, once it fires, i don't have a problam again. Weird, maybe i'll got to delcos this spring after plowings done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had mine for two years and have had no problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Call an autoparts store and ask them if all the batteries were the same price which ones would they buy if it were for their personal vehicle.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
may be way off base here.... but my 04 gas burner used to sit for weeks on end and sometimes would start, sometimes I would have to jump it. Then I found the problem.

The drivers door switch that turns on the overhead light was sticking. As a result, the truck was not shutting off the dash lights. I learned to leave the radio o and listen for it after I shut the door.....if it kept playing.... I had to mess with the door til it quit

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Anyone have any luck or thoughts on Optima Red Tops?
Look at where its made. Made in USA, it maybe 4-5years old, but mine are still cranking in my gasser.

Made in Mexico, GARBAGE

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
AC Delco Batts are very good. I've also had great luck with Die Hard batteries and the Cheapo Wal-Mart batteries, surprisingly.
I have DieHard flat plate AGM's in the truck now, they are incredible.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm going to pull my heated seat fuse and see if that stops my draw. mine will be dead in two days if I don't start it. and my heated seat flashes all the time and clicks like crazy.
Not saying I don't need new batteries either originals since 03! lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have AC Delco's in my 06 LBZ. My truck sits for weeks on end and never have had a problem with them draining

·
Registered
626 Posts
I typically avoid buying cheap stuff for my vehicles but when autozone will give me a no questions asked 3 year replacement for a duralast gold I'd give it a shot. I just bought one for my wifes vehicle before the winter and it has been doing great so far. They also pro-rate replacement cost after the three year warranty up to eight years so I don't think you can go wrong. If this one works out for a reasonable amount of time I will probably put a set in my truck when it comes time. I'm pretty sure the ones in my truck now are an off brand and they have been great through two winters also. I think i'd just find some that offer a good warranty and go with that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought would never say this
but have had excellent luck out of everstart max batteries from wal mart. I work offshore so my truck always sits for month at a time without being cranked. Never failed crank when I got off the boat.

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the best luck over the past 5 years with the Duralast (Autozone) Gold batteries with the long warranty. Plenty of power and reasonably priced. I just had to put a pair on my LBZ as a dead cell in the Delco OEM battery helped to fry a starter I think. Oh well fresh batteries and new starter...life is good and now to fix the GP codes lol.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I put a pair of Energizer batteries from Sam's Club. They're made by Johnson Controls and have been trouble free. They have a 7 year warranty and I paid about $80 each

21 - 40 of 40 Posts