Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy this truck need ur opinions on the lmm please advise

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Had one for almost 3 years now, the only real things to worry about is possible leaking trans cooler lines. Thats an easy fix since there are already DIY kits for that. Other than that throw some tuning on it to get your turbo brake and get rid of the DPF and the truck is golden. Solid truck good power ever stock, but like every other Duramax when you throw a light tune to it and unleash the beast. I want another LMM personally. My opinion it would be a safe purchase.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The lmm is a great motor. Your year is a 7.5, in 7.5 gm changed the body style and engine to meet emissions standards. The warranty is probably gone soon, so you can tune it with efi live to delete the dpf.

The dpf (diesel particular filter) traps spot and buildup, and every 400 miles the truck goes into a regen mode which is delayed timing with the fuel injectors to cause the fuel to burn very hot, which cleans the filter. This can be deleted via efi live, and most people do because of bad milage, as well as limited horsepower expansion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
We would be better able to assist you if you posted the ad of the truck or more details on what is done with it, milage, price, trim, ect... Specs of the truck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The truck has an airaid air filter n exhaust, not sure about about anything more!, is that a problem?? An I really appreciate ever1 helping me thank u

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2007, 10k miles 2500 hd diesel sle crew cab

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
The truck has an airaid air filter n exhaust, not sure about about anything more!, is that a problem?? An I really appreciate ever1 helping me thank u
It must have a tuner if its a full exhaust. Find out what kind

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I'm waiting to find out about exhaust, I just don't want to spend huge $ on a truck that has been beat on!!! Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also the dealer was telling me if I go with a newer diesel there is an additive u need to add cow piss or sumthing of the sort lol, 07 and older doesn't need it , emmisions or sumthing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First diesel if u couldn't tell

·
Registered
577 Posts
ok 07.5-10 have dpf with non urea, 2011+ have the liquid urea and dpf to get rid of soot, i have a 2010 and love it, strong running truck comfy good mileage when tuned/deleted, what kinda $$ they askinf for it

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2009 with 54000 miles if you are interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are asking 39k, Thanks Mattzach looking for under 20k in mileage.,, It just seems almost to good to be tru an 07 with only 10k on it.? Then to have adtermarket exhaust and a air raid air filter makes me wonder if the odometer was disconected for a couple years. Acording to dealer truck is flawless he said almost nicer than new.. huh

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Love my LMM, great truck, and Love the NBS.

Can't go wrong!

After you get it let me know if I can help you out with anything!

·
Registered
106 Posts
They are asking 39k, Thanks Mattzach looking for under 20k in mileage.,, It just seems almost to good to be tru an 07 with only 10k on it.? Then to have adtermarket exhaust and a air raid air filter makes me wonder if the odometer was disconected for a couple years. Acording to dealer truck is flawless he said almost nicer than new.. huh
Find out if the dpf has been deleted or not
Someone cant really beat on a truck that has 10k miles an air intake and a muffler ( unless it has been deleted of the emissions)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh and only 2011 an up needs that additive called urea, your salesperson doesnt know his diesel trucks

Highly unlikely to disconnect the odometer for miles,
And check the pedals for wear, that will tell you the usage its had
And or check the trailer hitch for where incase they towed with it

·
Registered
802 Posts
10k miles is really low for an 07. Has it pulled a fifth wheel. Lot of people buy these trucks and use them just to pull their camper and don't put a lot of miles on them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok the truck has a cat back exhaust with a 5 inch tip, and yes it has sum brackets in the bed area for towing, ya know if the dealer does not know what year the truck takes the additive, thell deff not know if its been deleted

1 - 20 of 30 Posts