Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has 150,000kms just replaced the DPF $1500 @ chevy dealer now check engine light is on 20min drive. Anybody had any grief with these beasts?
Mechanic phoned engineers today?

Can you eliminate the DPF or what there seems to be alot of issues with them and GM only warranties pollution stuff to 80,000kms.
Thanks,
From the great white north....

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
You will be asked to fill out your sig. Go under the user cp and fill it out. As for the solution....a 4 inch MBRP turboback and a quadzilla stealth 2 programmer to block the codes.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
You can find the 4 inch system for 283 some places. Free flowing and well worth it. Keep the emissions stuff in your garage so you can put it back on when testing comes. or else you are screwed

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
Get rid of it and try not to go and kick the crap out of your service manager for not mentioning it to you sooner. For the 1500 bucks you paid for a new DPF you could have bought a full exhaust and a good programmer that would make that truck feel like a sports car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where would you buy such software or add-ons?
see what the GM engineers say tomorrow.
I asked both the service manager and the mechanic they said you couldnt delete it @#$%. Wish I would have found this site last week.lol
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
We have a vendors section that will help you out. They can get you set up

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
We have a vendors section that will help you out. They can get you set up
That works too. Take out my link if its not allowed. I cant remember the rules on the link thing :booboo

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
I told you to try to keep it contained, LOL
Yes you can delete it. Your warranty is up any way so you do not have to worry about losing it. Mine has been gone since the truck had 8,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Truck has 150,000kms just replaced the DPF $1500 @ chevy dealer now check engine light is on 20min drive. Anybody had any grief with these beasts?
Mechanic phoned engineers today?

Can you eliminate the DPF or what there seems to be alot of issues with them and GM only warranties pollution stuff to 80,000kms.
Thanks,
From the great white north....
From what I have heard the DPF is not required in Canada. Right? Do you guys even have emmisions testing? DPF delete is super simple. Did mine 2 weeks ago in an afternoon. Helpful hint, pre lube the bolts with some penetrating lube a the day before.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yes it's very simple. Here's the steps in a nut shell...

Soak bolts before and after DPF in penetrating oil a day before and a few hours before you start.

Unbolt and remove old exhaust up to the downpipe.

Install new exhaust system

Install tuner (DPF delete capable tuner)

Enjoy the newfound sound, performance, mileage, and reliablility of your "new" truck :)

We do several of these a week, and there's some great options out there for tuners. You can go cheap, and for in the neighborhood of $600 I can get you a tuner and exhaust, or for a bit more, you can get one of the top of the line tuners and exhaust systems as well.

Please let me know if I can help, we ship to Canada daily :)

-Jesse
Husker Diesel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

Just spent $2000 fixing the 2007 Silverado @ the GM repair shop the said "for sure it fixed the problem" now a week later the check engine light comes on again. Fuel consumption has gone from 13-15L/100km to 21-23L/100km after replacing DPF. Shoulda bought a Toyota I guess.
Phoned GM's complaint line they "checked with the dealer" about the Computer "glitch" that they fixed said that they dont have an issue with the computers after the engineers said they did.???????? WTF????

Gonna take it in to the dealer once again see what they say this time.
Shoulda bought a Dodge or Ford....cause this Chevy man is not impressed with these pumped up Duramax's that are not worth the powder to blow them to hell. Garbage engines.

They talk about Toyotas problems they should look in the bloody mirror.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nah these are excellent trucks. Just ditch the DPF and youll be good to go

·
Registered
868 Posts
go get a dodge or ford and see what kinda problems they have with emissions guarentee you its just as bad if not worse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.