Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how many quarts a 2007 Tahoe transmission holds? I dont know the model number of the trans but was hopeing they are all the same and somebody knows. Its a 2wd with a 5.3

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I'd guess it has a 4l60e.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man, i looked everywhere for the info. where did you find it? the shop that im going to have flush it said 15 and the local gm service dept said 16. i can just take back what they dont use. i didnt know what quality what ever type they keep in bulk so i bought it myself.

im glad i kept the reciepts because castrol dexron IV is like 9 bucks a quart. where do i look to see what tranny is in it? is it stamped on the tranny in an accessable place?

·
Vendor
10,961 Posts
man, i looked everywhere for the info. where did you find it? the shop that im going to have flush it said 15 and the local gm service dept said 16. i can just take back what they dont use. i didnt know what quality what ever type they keep in bulk so i bought it myself.

im glad i kept the reciepts because castrol dexron IV is like 9 bucks a quart. where do i look to see what tranny is in it? is it stamped on the tranny in an accessable place?
I used the AMSOIL Application Guide. It shows everything about your truck to include capacities and so forth.

·
Registered
278 Posts

If you are having the transmission fluid exchange done then yes 15-16 quarts is accurate. the 5 qt capacity does refer to the fluid needed for a pan drop/filter replacement however with the fluid in the torque convertor and the lines and radiator 15-16 is a close estimate. Our dealership(Chevrolet) uses Mobil Transmission fluid. Mobil is the fluid that is re badged as AC Delco (Also applies to the oil that they come with). Being that we buy in bulk it is often times less expensive then buying it at the parts store.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good info. thanks guys.

mowerpan, how much does your dealership currently charge to do a flush? mine was 195 and then 200somthing to drop the pan and change the filter.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We charge $179 "Out the Door" unless it was something like an Aveo that required special fluid. This does not include the pan drop and filter replacement. I don't recall the price of the trans filter off the top of my head but $200 sounds about right for parts and labor for the pan drop and filter replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts