Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

After a bit of research I've come to this section of the forums now. When I attempt to put my 2008 Silverado 2500HD into reverse I get an error on display that shift inhibited with a line flashing under neutral. Prior to this I was able to pull 2 codes from the truck systems P0735 and P0751 which was a few weeks ago when I pulled those codes. The codes have since been reset due to a disgruntled family member (long story....) and batteries have recently been fully recharged and reinstalled last night.

I found that the issue could be TCM related, or the internal shift module when it comes to the inhibited error. But I'm not 100% certain on that, and was thinking maybe the solenoid being stuck could be the reason for the inhibited error as well?

Just trying to get this truck on the road.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See attachments.
So here is what I found out just preliminary. Will be running the tests tomorrow during Turkey smoking session... I found that the trans fluid was low, wasn't even touching "cold" on the dip stick once the engine and trans warmed up.
Put in a 1/2 gallon of fluid, ran the engine and cycled through the gears. Once warmed up, attempted to put into reverse to backup, felt the truck slightly lurch and then the "Shift inhibited, put into Neutral to Reset" came up. Placed into neutral and then park then shut off the truck. Checked the fluid again and found still wasn't near where it should be. Put in the remaining 1/2 gal I had and started over with going through the gears slowly a couple of times. Then checked the fluid, found that it was now showing up close to full (probably need another quart or 3), attempted to shift into Reverse felt the lurch when in reverse, then got the same error message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts