Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 2008 GMC Duramax loses prime sometimes. Has 102,000 miles currently. Seems like when it is uphill, maybe just coincidence, I don't know. Will start and run a few seconds, and then die. When I go outside and prime it back up it will start and run just as it should. Please correct me if I am posting in the incorrect location. Any information anyone has is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moved to LMM-- truck runs-- You should reseal the fuel filter housing-- parts [$20] are available from Forum Supporting Vendors--[listed at the bottom]

The filter assy is in a HOT area of the engine bay, and that can contribute to drying and shrinking the seals. You may find Primer Seal Kit at some part stores, if you need it in a hurry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My brother had this problem with his LB7... It progressively got worse and we cracked the bleeder and manually primed the hell out of it to get it to start.... Well, oddly enough it was just a coincidence it would start after priming because it turned out to be an injector plug not connected all the way... Hasn't had an issue since, been over a year

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.