Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and seeking help.
I have a 2008 Sierra 2500HD SLT with a 6.6L Duramax. The issue I need help with is on the driver side seat. The power seat works fine in all direction but the heated seat and the memory seat position switch on the door panel wont work. When I press on the heated seat button I have no small led light coming on either on the switch.
The passenger side heated seat works fine.

Now here is what I have done so far :
-checked all fuse and relay in the underhood section
  • checked all fuse on left side dash panel
  • checked door harness from door multi switch to connector on left dash panel fuse box for broken wire with my multimeter
  • check visually for broken wire under the seat
  • replaced the seat memory module under the seat with a used one (same problem)
  • checking with a test light, I have power coming out of the master door switch for the heated seat & memory switch connector on the 3 following wire : gray, gray/black tracer and the white/black tracer.
Looking all over forums and internet, I was not able to find threads or answer for such a problem. Also, I have been looking all over to find wiring diagram as well as toubleshooting guides and procedure method to test my door heat/memory switch with no luck. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks!

Jay M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Mr Nielson
Thank you for you post. The GM Upfitter gives me access to wiring diagram. As for the AllDataDIY, indeed, we need a subscription but it's not expensive to get the diagnostic procedures for test.
Thanks again. Will keep posting on this thread for the progress on my issue.

Jay M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guy’s
Thank you for your help and inputs.
Found the problem:
The driver door power window master switch was the issue. All switches worked fine but it was not transfering correctly for the heated switch connector.
JM

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Thanks for sharing the fix.

Your Prize, a thread about maintaining your truck and some other things you need to know since you just got here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts