Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got me a diesel...
2008 Chevy Crew Cab White
all stock right now besides parts i ordered..
ordered mcgaughys 7 inch lift an a 2.5 inch leveling kit for front an a 2 inch shackle leveling kit for the rear so i can fit my 38x15.50r20 pro comp xtreme a/t's

3" wheel spacers ordered cause my 20s dont stick out enough...

so for stuff im wanting i know i want exhaust, intake , and a programmer...
dont have alot of money but have enough right now for some stuff ...

ive found a magnaflow 5" turbo back exhaust that will take out the dpf and cat that i can buy pretty cheap... should i buy it an if so what are the thoughts on it...?

also can buy a S&B intake with the exhaust.... will probably buy the exhaust an intake both together... but is that exhaust a straight pipe exhaust...? also need to know what type of programmer to run...? an if i put those parts on without a programmer will there be any problems or anything..?

im wanting something that will give me good fuel mileage and sound good and run good too...

let me know your thoughts... also heard of the egr block an other things but have no clue what any of that is... if someone could help me out an give me links to parts or info that would help... i can do any type of work myself so thats no biggy... but lmk your thoughts... thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
efi is what i would use, since your deleted all the emmissions you will most likely need one to keep from haveing cel all the time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
efi and exhaust was mine well worth it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i found a company near me that does tuning an they charge 500 for a 5 tune switch an 5 tunes... would that be the efi live...? or do i have to buy something else besides that...? also anyone know where to buy the egr block plate...? also wondering what a down pipe is...? ive seen some 3 inch down pipes for cheap an wonder if they help or what even are they...? also what is the revoute thing...? thanks

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
so i found a company near me that does tuning an they charge 500 for a 5 tune switch an 5 tunes... would that be the efi live...? or do i have to buy something else besides that...? also anyone know where to buy the egr block plate...? also wondering what a down pipe is...? ive seen some 3 inch down pipes for cheap an wonder if they help or what even are they...? also what is the revoute thing...? thanks
You need to go use the search button for a little while

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been searching an reading up on stuff..... would like to know if an egr delete pipe would be a better choise than just the block plate...? an what is the up pipe...? what are the benefits an cons of doing this mod.... i think as of right now im gonna do 4 inch down pipe heat wrapped... 5" straight exhaust back... s and b intake maybe little modding to it... efi live 5 tunes... new less restrictive left manifold... inter cooler hoses... trying to decide on other things... if you have any advice or thoughts on what i could do they wont break the bank an that will help for better mpg an power an keep the motor relaible cause itll be a daily driver...

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
do some more research the egr delete is not necessary, plate will do just fine. and make sure that tuner knows what he is doing because if not bye bye motor. definetly need a dp ( the pipe that goes from turbo to exhaust) pita to get out too.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
There is one mod I did not see mentioned that in my opinion is a must do.
PCV reroute, something to think about. See my sig.

·
Registered
48 Posts
MBRP exhaust. and EFI.. Hit up ROB and Dustin @ ATP.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts