Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have codes:
P0751 shift solenoid A performance or stuck off
P0756 shift solenoid B performance or stuck off
P0761 shift solenoid C performance or stuck off
P0894 transmission component slipping

Service 4 wheel drive also displayed on dash. Any ideas as to what this could be? Hoping it's not a failing transmission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a wiring diagram? I wonder if those are wired from the same source and there is a problem in the wiring/fuse.
I don't have a wiring diagram, but after messing with the fuse block and moving around some relays, the run/crank relay wasn't making a connection so the truck won't even crank. Pulled out the fuse block and found a couple of broken wires, not to mention the fuse block is corroded internally and coming apart. Going to replace that and hope that it fixes my problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Wiring diagrams can be obtained from GMUPFITTER.COM in the body builder section. Electrical is in it's own manual, by year/model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The wiring diagram from the above link is here:
https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/68/2008_LD_ElectricalPickupsChassisCabs.pdf

Fuse 22, TRANS IGN 1, 15A powers:
Transmission Control Module (TCM),
1-2 Shift Solenoid (1-2 SS) Valve,
2-3 Shift Solenoid (2-3 SS) Valve,
3-2 Shift Solenoid (3-2 SS) Valve (M30/M70),
Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid Valve (M30/M70),
Torque Converter Clutch Pulse Width Modulation (TCC PWM) Solenoid Valve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely seems like it could be. The first time I wasn't paying attention to the temperature, but the last two times it has been below 20 degrees when it had these codes pop up. Let it warm up, clear the codes, and I don't have any more issues out of it until it gets cold again.

Is this only happening when cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
sorry to hope into your post here, but i’ve got the same issue on my truck, same codes minus the service 4 wheel drive message...but it’s definitely only when it’s cold out on mine. transmission won’t go into gear until i clear the codes out, and then it’s all good again until the next time it’s really cold out. then the process repeats itself.

just wondering, do you happen to have any sort of manual locker switch for your transmission at all? i’ve got one on mine and i’m just trying to eliminate that as the source of the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts