Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hows it going Iam new to the site and loving it. I wish I would have found it years ago. I have a 2003, 2007 and just ordered my 2008. Iam looking at putting a 6 inch lift on the 2008 with 22's and toyo open country. First off I cant find a lift kit Iam located in Alberta Canada no one here has seen them yet . Iam also concerened about lossing the sweet smooth ride of the factory set up. how bad is the ride with a lift? With the toyo tires do they make a lot of road noise and if so any suggestion on other tires. I will keep it to this for now but chip, intake, exhaust will be next. I should get my truck in november.. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
855 Posts
First off Welcome to the forum, As of what I know right now both Procomp and Fabetch have lifts out for the 2008, also they are both 6in. kits. I personally like the fabtech better due to less parts in the kit, also I have one on my 05'. 4 Wheel Parts has both kits availible and I think they should be able to get it to you up there. You just may have to find a shop to put it on. The ride on my truck is great and handles a little better than stock. If you want to keep the ride I would not recommend any type of dual shock setup. A guy here where I live has an 08' GMC D-max with the 6in. Fabtech and 22's on 35in. nitto's, it looks sweet. The road noise will really not be noticeable until high speeds on the freeway or concrete sections of road. I mean you have to have to windows down and the stereo off to hear it. Just make sure you stick toyo open country A/T's, the M/T's are a lot noisier. Hope I answered your questions!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks alot I will look int to this. Nice to hear you still got a good ride with the fabtech.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I seen a new 08 in Edmonton 2 days ago and he had on at least a 10" lift kit on it. It made my truck look like a toy. Not sure what kind of lift it was.

A guy i was talkin to the other day had air bags on his 08. Made it look like he had a lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts