Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all new to this Forum and have been looking for somewhere to get a few questions answered regarding a Trans build that I'm looking to do. I live in Irvine Ca and wanted to know if anyone was familiar with Inglewood Transmisions in Fullerton? That's where I've been recommended to go get the build done. The owner there Mike seems exceedingly knowledgable in all things Allison but I'd still like to get more than one mans opinion if possible.
The other thing I wanted know is if anyone has any recommendations for shift kits or Torque converter's and also what to stay away from when building an Allison. The reason I'm making the decision to build the Tranny is because of the weight and size of the trailer I'm pulling and feeling like I need to boost HP through my PPE programmer to pull some of the grades I drive and I don't want to overwork the stock trans with more HP/Torque than it can handle. Thanks for any help and information

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
X2 on mike. If I lived near him I would've had him build mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can't go wrong with mike. If you search around he is highly regarded. He is also a very contributing to the diesel community knowledge. Go with him. Don't even think twice about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks for the input guys, I'll definitely take it to Mike for the build. One more thing I'm wondering is am I going to have an issue with DPF getting clogged after I bump up HP and conversely particulates? I love in communist California so a DPF delete will be challenging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts