Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I am new to the forum and have quietly browsed around for a little while now. So here is the back story, I bought a used 2008 GMC 2500 HD. It has undergone a transformation since I bought it and I am very picky about the mods. So far I have went from stock (pic1) to Tinted, rims and tires, and katzkin leather seats (pic2) too finally a zone 6 inch lift (pic3). I am aware that I will am in need of new tires but thats my dilemma!
I originally wanted a 4 inch lift but could not pass up the deal on this 6 inch! That being said I HATE the look of the fenderwells and am thinking about dropping the lift to maybe a 5 inch or even a 4. I love the way it rides how it is now and test fit some 325/60/20s and it still did not look all that well. So I was wondering if maybe you guys could point me in the right direction or give me some ideas so I can get back on track with all the future mods I have delayed due to this current issue.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Personally i think it looks good. Slap some 3 inch blocks in it and run it for the time being till you make ur mind up. JMO.

·
Registered
20,937 Posts
i say lower it down to 4-5 inches and throw a smaller block in the rear. you can run 34-35" tire that way with some trimming and the right offset wheel. your cv angles would be alot flatter too!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NDFARMER- Thanks for the input. That is an option I have considered... still on the fence with a couple of things.

lutzjk913- I have been leaning towards this being the final out come with some 35s

02 FL Duramax- Thanks man :thumb

·
Registered
189 Posts
i say lower it down to 4-5 inches and throw a smaller block in the rear. you can run 34-35" tire that way with some trimming and the right offset wheel. your cv angles would be alot flatter too!
What would the right rim size and offset be to run a 35" on that lift? I read a 20x9 rim can have more backspace than an 18x9 rim. How would that matter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would the right rim size and offset be to run a 35" on that lift? I read a 20x9 rim can have more backspace than an 18x9 rim. How would that matter?
Not to sure on the back spacing but I called zone to make sure my 20x9s would work. I just finished putting 35s on and it looks much better! I might drop it a little but over all I am pleased with the look now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats a real good looking truck. Could you upload pics of your cv angles?

·
Registered
349 Posts
thats awesome, I am thinking of a fabtech lift. My crewcab longbed just looks disgusting with a rake and 285's. And welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
859 Posts
Have to say it looks sweet! Came out nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts