Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering your thoughts. Buddy wants to race his totally stock 2009 dodge 1500 hemi against my 2005 2500, with afe mouthpiece, ppe lvl 3, and mbrp catback exhaust. Who wins????????????

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
that honestly isnt much of a question

·
Registered
686 Posts
race his ass ....and tape it ...lol

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
are you seriously askin this ???

·
Registered
877 Posts
tied into one the otherday pulled him a little he was kinda suprised.he just didnt know that my vane position censor was takn a crap on me and could only run 3/4 throttle.

·
Registered
895 Posts
My buddy just fot a 2010 1500 heim and we pulled out of the shop yard onto the street....he pulled out to go by me and well he had to pull back in......behind me....08LMM stock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what I was thinking I know they are 390 hp and Im prob around 400-425 or so. I didnt talk any smack, I just said sure with a quiet confidence. BTW he is not really a truck guy and he knows nothing of my mods. I will let you know how it goes when it happens. funny how these trucks make grown men act kid teenagers

·
Registered
844 Posts
Check it out... Just so you know, I have never lost to a hemi. When I had my 6.0 liter Ford on 35's I beat a regular cab super bee with the hemi in it. Hemi's are SLOW!!!!!!!

I raced one up a bridge here in town one night in my Dmax.... again, wasn't a race, that one really wasn't close... he was a quadcab.

So make sure you get a video of this so the next time it comes up we can just point to your video!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Check it out... Just so you know, I have never lost to a hemi. When I had my 6.0 liter Ford on 35's I beat a regular cab super bee with the hemi in it. Hemi's are SLOW!!!!!!!

I raced one up a bridge here in town one night in my Dmax.... again, wasn't a race, that one really wasn't close... he was a quadcab.

So make sure you get a video of this so the next time it comes up we can just point to your video!!!
i wouldnt say them hemis are slow:rof! i have a 05 single cab truck 2wd with heads, exhaust headers, chipped by sct and a lil tranny work oh and a cam... itlll run i love the truck for running around in when im not driving the dmax....

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wasn't saying you can't make them fast, which I know is what we do too, but just for the name "Hemi" is associated with power and quickness, when that isn't always the case.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wasn't saying you can't make them fast, which I know is what we do too, but just for the name "Hemi" is associated with power and quickness, when that isn't always the case.
well it is stock for stock against trucks in its class... i know when i run other trucks when it was stock it would kick some ass! i love that truck to death! if u own one u would love it. when people ride in it all u hear is the whiplash of the necks being jerked back and forth through the gears!:rockin

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
You got him. Get pictures or tape it. It will be a laugh.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My neighbors is 08 with exh, cold air and tuning. runs 14.1. I whip on him and he dont like it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I drove a ram 1500 rcsb at work the other day (dealership part time). That thing was fast! it also had an 8.3 Liter Viper V10 and a five speed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
400 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check it out... Just so you know, I have never lost to a hemi....
same here... burned alot of Hemi's with my 03 Silverado SS... and it was pretty much dead even or a lil faster than my buddy's 03 LB7 with edge/attitude

you should be able to run away from that one IMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts