Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 z71 I currently have 265x70r17 tires and I’m looking to do 285x70r17 on stock rims but I haven’t seen if they will fit or not. I have my keys turned up a little but before I order tires I’d like to get some clarification if they will fit or not. Also I’d like to see pictures if anyone is running that same set up or something similar. Thanks

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Most any tire dealer will have the information you are looking for. They know which sizes will fit without mods to the truck, also called '+1' size, '+2' size etc. I can't say that the 285's will fit, I can tell you that I went from 245's to 265's without any problems or adjustments.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm a little late to the party, sorry.

I installed Nitto LT285/70R 17R Terra Grappler's on my trucks stock wheels. I did have to tighten up the front end a bit for clearance. Love the set-up.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
My 08 LMM is 2WD so the front sits lower than on a 4WD. I have 285-75R-16 tires and no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.