Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it seem odd than my 2010 2500 LMM with about 40k miles on it would have weak torsion rods?

I have redylift keys in the truck - trying to lift the front end and I have them maxed out, yet the lower control arm is still sitting on the bump stop as it sounds like it does at factory height.

See thread here

It just seems odd that they would be weak at low miles? I called readylift and they say its common.... :help

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Did you jack up the front when you adjusted the bolts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't do it, but I am 99% sure the shop was smart enough to do that...

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Did the truck ever have a plow on it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To best of my knowledge - no. Was mostly a garage queen ..

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I don't know. There is something not right in your front end and you need to get it checked out. Your stock keys would raise the front more than that, so get it all checked out. It appears to be torsion bars though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have talked to a ton of people, one being a Chevy tech - he said he never saw weak torsion bars at 40k... ugh. no idea.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd pull a key out and overlay it on the stock one to compare indexing between the two. I have a hard time subscribing to the weak torsion bar theory. You opening statement in your other thread is a little open to interpretation. You say with the ready lift keys maxed out it sits 1" lower up front. Does that mean 1" lower than it was stock or 1" lower than the rear?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd pull a key out and overlay it on the stock one to compare indexing between the two. I have a hard time subscribing to the weak torsion bar theory. You opening statement in your other thread is a little open to interpretation. You say with the ready lift keys maxed out it sits 1" lower up front. Does that mean 1" lower than it was stock or 1" lower than the rear?

Pulled the key out o it is for sure indexed differently. I also agree it can not be weak torsion bars..and everyone I talk to agrees.

To your question, yes - i see it can be misleading. with the lift keys it stits about 1.5" lower up front compared to the rear.

The pic kind of sucks - but you can see how much lower the front it (this is with the cranked lift keys)

THe suggestion I get is to use the stock bolts (as they are longer) and there is room to crank the keys further.. It just seems odd the equipment redylift would send you isn't working...

I did check part #'s and they are the correct keys...

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I just put the stock bolts back in it, and she leveled out finally....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.