Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys dont really know where to post this but just kinda wingin it. i currently work for the city of houston as a tech on the 6.0l busses. but as of may we are completly changing the fleet to the new 2010 duramax. no i dont know but i assume the 2010 duramax is the lmm but i dont know. how ever i was just wondering what the common problems with those engines are. my knowledge of the duramax ends around 04 with my truck i assume its all the same concepe but i dont know thats why im asking. more so just kinda seeing what engine problems you guys have run into. now remember these are 100% stock engines but they will be having the shit drove out of them. so the abuse they will recieve will be alot higher then if you or i were to be driving them. but mainly back to the question at hand any help hints tips etc...... would be cool just wondering what kinda problems you guys have had or heard about having with them? thanks for any help you all give.. chance

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great trucks. Don't think you'll have many problems, strong stout trucks.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
OH NO! That 6.0L was job security for you, you better start looking now before you run out of busses to work on.

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha every true but the way these drive beat the hell out of these busses there will be stuff to fix lol they all drive them like there a gasser

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If they drive anything like tranportation drivers in this town then you need to work in the body shop. These tards crash these busses daily!

·
it goes vroom then bang!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah they tear them up just as much hear but theres always a 6.0l thats needs to be swapped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts