Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just got a 2010,LMM 3500 HD,, pulling my 32 foot horse trailer i am getting 9MPG loaded,,i am wonder what i can do to it to get better MPG's Without messing with the warranty??? Any suggestions....Thanks

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
unless you ditch the DPF (which may compromise the warranty) there really isn't much you can do.

Give me a call tomorrow tho, I might have some options that will work for you.

Thanks!

Jess

·
Registered
58 Posts
my father put a s&b intake and the truck went from 14 mpg to 19 mpg. that would be a good start

·
Registered
58 Posts
yeah that it said. its runint better. u can hear the turbo wissel a little bit more also

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
5 mpg increase with just an intake???? is this even possible? was he driving the same when he calculated? im not saying your lieing, just this would be very hard...

·
Registered
37 Posts
takes alot to get 5mpg I am still working on gettin more.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What speeds where you towing? I have noticed as much as 2.5 MPG difference when you get over seventy.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
5 mpg from an intake will not happen. There must have been MANY other outside factors playing into that particular instance. The stock intake is more than adequate for a stock engine, not really much to gain by upgrading.

Like Jess said above, without ditching the DPF, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement. A tuner can increase your mileage with the DPF intact, but at that point you've already voided your warranty by adding the tuner, so you'd just as well remove the DPF...

Let me know if I can help :)

-Jesse

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey i just got a 2010,LMM 3500 HD,, pulling my 32 foot horse trailer i am getting 9MPG loaded,,i am wonder what i can do to it to get better MPG's Without messing with the warranty??? Any suggestions....Thanks
Towing in 5th (keep it from going into 6th by using manual shift mode) and keeping speed below 70 gets me close to 11 consistently. Beyond that I think only options are DPF delete to get real mileage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like you are in the ball at 9 mpg, try keeping your speed betweeen 60-65 mph and use Tow/Haul mode, you may get a slight increase in mpg as you get more mileage on your engine, good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
5 mpg increase with just an intake???? is this even possible? was he driving the same when he calculated? im not saying your lieing, just this would be very hard...
my father drievs easy and it said it went up to 19mpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey have a 04.5 lly. air raid intake 5 inch strait pipe. 3 inch down pipe. edge wit hot unlock. pulling up a slight incline maybe 1 % with 8000 pound trailer at about 1650 rpm's. stock the egt's are around 1050 to 1100 and as soon as i put it to one or 2 for milage or tow it goes to 1250. any ideas?new mouth peace? its boosting around 5 psi at that time

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got worse than that towing with my lmm until the dpf delete

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
my father drievs easy and it said it went up to 19mpg
Your dad is either full of sh*t or made a mistake.... You will most likely never even see a gain in mileage from an intake, our stock intakes actually fow very well

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
when i tow my 40ft gn i get anywhere from 9-12 empty at 72

·
Registered
457 Posts
The best I have got towing my 32ft Toy hauler (13000lbs) was 12mpg. That was driving in the midwest though. No mountains or major hills like the North West. I still have my DPF but I do have a tuner on the truck. Around my area I get 10-11 at best towing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey everyone im looking at up grading my 04 lly to a later model 09 or 10. two things cruising at 60 miliage rough idea is it crapy like the fords? and what about the dpf delete does it help milage and power like some say?thanks

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
if your dealer is cool he wont care that you deleted the dpf as long as when you take it in for something that its not because of that, and also keep it just incase you need to return it or something just my opinion, you wont regret it either its rad how much mpg you get

·
Registered
457 Posts
LMMZach-- How much did you gain by deleting it? I have heard mixed stories on the gains after delete. Maybe 1-2mph....Just curious about it... I have been thinking on doing it myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts