Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2010 GMC duramax. Regular cab 8ft bed. I love the truck so far, but like most trucks it sits a little low in the front. Would it be better off to crank up the torsion bars to level it out, or invest in a leveling kit? I'd like to fit some 285's maybe 305's?? The stock tires are definitely too small. :drink

here she is:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i would level it first and then see how much tire you can get without messing with torsion bars

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sharp looking truck

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Let the modding begin!!! :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Crank up the torsion bars and get it aligned. 285's will fit barely

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crank up the torsion bars and get it aligned. 285's will fit barely
I see you have 17's, my truck has 16 inch wheels so the 285s would be about an inch shorter i think. What leveling kit did you use and how do you like it?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome looking regular cab. I am jealous of your being black. I suggest a leveling kit, it will allow for more clearance.
Thanks. The NBS is growing on me, I'm definitely a fan of the black too. Can't wait to start some modding.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I see you have 17's, my truck has 16 inch wheels so the 285s would be about an inch shorter i think. What leveling kit did you use and how do you like it?
285/75-16's will be the same size as my 285/70-17's. I only used shock extenders and the factory keys, but I would recommend using blisten 5100 shocks instead of the extenders. The 5100 shocks are far superior to the factory shocks and will not require any other parts.
The 285's did require some modification of the rear inner fender area. I will be replacing my UCA's and shocks when the factory parts give up or some money is burning a hole in my pocket, which ever comes first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.