Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
i am experiencing this problem on my 2010 silverado 3500 6.6 the coolant level is normal when the truck is idling or off but when i start it and drive the raises above the maximum coolant mark almost reaches the cap.
i noticed that the truck is not warming up the other day i drove for 30km and still the temperature was half way warm and dropping.
i have very small leak on top of my radiator that i sealed with some jp weld but still leaks a very small amount.
could that be the problem of air getting inside?
and why the truck does not fully warm up?
appreciate any opinion.

thanks,

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
It's most often bad thermostats that cause an engine not to come up to operating temperature. You might stop at a radiator shop and see if they can repair your hole without taking the radiator out. Way less work for them, and less $$ for you, if they can repair in the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's most often bad thermostats that cause an engine not to come up to operating temperature. You might stop at a radiator shop and see if they can repair your hole without taking the radiator out. Way less work for them, and less $$ for you, if they can repair in the truck.
that is what i was guessing but the fact that the coolant on the overflow tank gets more when i drive it makes me confuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts