Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, new to the site, this is my first post, hopefully I'm in the right section. I test drove a 2010 duramax yesterday. The truck has 150k miles on it. The truck ran fantastic. My only concern was the steering felt a little rough, it's kinda hard to explain. It turned fine driving or sitting still, the alignment seemed fine I took my hands off the wheel while driving and it stayed straight. It didn't have any noises or pops or anything it just felt a little rough. It has 20 inch denali hd wheels and tires on it. I'm not sure if that had something to do with plus this is the first duramax I've driven so I'm not sure if they just feel a little different than the gassers. Again it ran and rode great just fine didn't feel as smooth turning as my '05 2500 gas that has 210k on it. Is there something specific I can look deeper into on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shocks looked fairly new, it's at a dealer unfortunately so they don't know anything about it. I'm gonna drive it again but as of now I'm probably gonna pass on it unless come off the price about 5 grand. I've got a 2011 I'm going to take a look at this week too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like it could be any of the items mmanners mentioned, or the power steering box... I would guess just one if it still tracks straight, but one will wear out the others rather quickly. I suggest test driving the 2011 only if you are ok with running a deleted rig. My 11' gave me nothing but issues for the first few years until I pulled the trigger on the emissions crap. I will add they are known for fuel pump issues, but i run power Kleen 99% of fuel ups to maintain required lubricity, and thankfully am still in tact on the stock pump. I do have a savings stash building up to switch to a fleece cp3 kit, but it keeps getting hit for family vacations🤣🤣🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.