Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This thread is going to cost me thousands!!
Yes it might! I have a little more than $2700 in all of the delete stuff. I added a few things that are not "must haves" just that I felt were needed. It could be done for less. Or more "adjustments/additions" to the list could be in order. :thumb Glad I can help fuel the fire. :stir

Reactions: St8-e

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
374 Posts
Congrats ! I know JUST how you feel, I just deleted this last spring and could NOT be happier !! It's not the same truck afterwards right ?!

·
Registered
10,266 Posts
Congrats ! I know JUST how you feel, I just deleted this last spring and could NOT be happier !! It's not the same truck afterwards right ?!
Is that charlie out of bed at 6? :poke[1]:
What's going on brotha

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is that charlie out of bed at 6? :poke[1]:
What's going on brotha
Hahahaha my first post in 2 months and @SiiverGorillaLML is bustin' balls !!!! That's my man ! :rofl

Alls good Bro ! workin crazy hours , trying to get this old house ready for a historical tour group, and doin a partial resto on a 1990 ramcharger for a guy, damn thing hoggin up the whole shop lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Thanks for the good words. :grin2:
Truck is definitely better. I am better also! A Full Delete includes the weight of wondering what was going to fail next plus deleting the dealerships number out of my phone!flippa

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update

With three months of being deleted and 1200 miles everything is going good.
The only concern is some things recently read about my choice in tuner. Have no complaints myself at this time.
Seeing no Check Engine Lights and has been wonderful and I am no longer worried that the money spent or my life long love and support of GM was wasted! As is always possible with our loved mechanical contraptions I know something could still happen. Just very happy to be back to enjoying this truck.
My fuel mileage on a trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff and back was around 20 miles to the gallon. Towing my 26 foot Booggie Box Toyhauler at almost 12+ mpg on a recent 400+ mile trip was nice. Most of the time I get much worse because of the fun factor involved with a heavy right foot!
At first I was not so sure the straight pipe was for me (being over 50 years old has changed me some) I do love the looks and questions I get though! My truck looks stock and to me sounds like an angry dragon when I get on it.
Deleting was a thought but not really planned until the reliability came into question. Now that its done and living with it I still say WOW!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I want to delete my truck but wondering if I should wait or not. Truck is a 2013 with 85k on it. And has a 2yr/24k mile extended warranty. Should I wait or go ahead and delete everything?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
To Delete or Not to Delete that is the question

To me it came down to the reliability issues. Here are the biggest questions in my opinion.
1. Have you had to take your truck in for any emissions problems?
2. Do you have to be emissions tested? If so can you register it out of county or do you have some other way to keep registration?
3. There is a third question that can not be easily answered in my opinion. How much damage is the junk that the EGR and PCV systems are causing to the long term life of these engines?
The warranty is valuable and worth keeping to most. Unless you use your truck to earn a living (It seems that most Hot Shot types delete immediately)!
These 3 questions will raise more I am sure. To me they are the most important in the Delete or Not question.
So in the end I feel that I can not say it enough "these are my opinions".
I wish You good luck with your truck and hope this helps.>goodLuck

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just curious (for someone who's in the research/planning stage)...what tuner were you referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
To me it came down to the reliability issues. Here are the biggest questions in my opinion.
1. Have you had to take your truck in for any emissions problems?
2. Do you have to be emissions tested? If so can you register it out of county or do you have some other way to keep registration?
3. There is a third question that can not be easily answered in my opinion. How much damage is the junk that the EGR and PCV systems are causing to the long term life of these engines?
The warranty is valuable and worth keeping to most. Unless you use your truck to earn a living (It seems that most Hot Shot types delete immediately)!
These 3 questions will raise more I am sure. To me they are the most important in the Delete or Not question.
So in the end I feel that I can not say it enough "these are my opinions".
I wish You good luck with your truck and hope this helps.>goodLuck
No I have not had any emissions problem with the truck yet. On my CTS2 a code popped up one day then went away the next. Said it was something with the dpf but never got a check engine light. In my state there is no emissions testing. I have already rerouted the pcv along the frame rail.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No I have not had any emissions problem with the truck yet. On my CTS2 a code popped up one day then went away the next. Said it was something with the dpf but never got a check engine light. In my state there is no emissions testing. I have already rerouted the pcv along the frame rail.

I did see a lot of gunk in the intake from PCV, so that reroute has to help. The amount of stuff that the EGR puts into the engine is substantial. I personally believe it would be worth the time and effort to block off this system even if not doing a complete delete.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did see a lot of gunk in the intake from PCV, so that reroute has to help. The amount of stuff that the EGR puts into the engine is substantial. I personally believe it would be worth the time and effort to block off this system even if not doing a complete delete.
I'm thinking about full delete. Full egr delete dpf and def delete everything

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm thinking about full delete. Full egr delete dpf and def delete everything

I have owned and modified many vehicles in the past 35 years (including changing heads, 4 barrel intakes, cams, headers, exhausts...). Repeating a great saying I read on this forum somewhere = quote "I have construction worker hands not mechanic hands..." and doing the full delete on this truck was possibly the most challenging vehicle related project to date. That being said it was very gratifying and made the biggest change of any so far. I can only imagine what changing the turbo or adding compounds would do! As it is with all of the traction controls turned of and the hottest tune installed this 8000 pound truck can get silly real quick. I also found myself playing with some cars half its weight on the freeway one time and looked down to see close to 120 mph. The decision was made to let them win as I was very close to needing to stop at the nearest restroom for a cleaning up! :grin2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha oh I know it's a challenging process!! I have a friend who has probably done atleast 30 full deletes who said he would help me with mine!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Haha oh I know it's a challenging process!! I have a friend who has probably done atleast 30 full deletes who said he would help me with mine!

It sounds like you will be well prepared when the time comes. I did have a little help from my 20 year old son so I was not completely alone. And of course all of the posts on this forum really gave me most of the information I needed.:laugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes this forum has helped me out extremely. Just trying to figure out if I should delete now or wait

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished my delete on my 15 we did it in the driveway took about 4 hours. Flo-pro 4 inch w ezlynk ppei SOTF!!!!!! So glad I did this drives awesome and sounds great.

ANYONE WHO IS ON THE FENCE????? JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just finished my delete on my 15 we did it in the driveway took about 4 hours. Flo-pro 4 inch w ezlynk ppei SOTF!!!!!! So glad I did this drives awesome and sounds great.

ANYONE WHO IS ON THE FENCE????? JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What all did you do? Just tune and exhaust?

21 - 40 of 104 Posts