Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Good plan. You never know when things will change but hopefully you will enjoy your truck until it is all used up.

Another thought. Several people have asked about doing a delete before the warranty is gone. We currently have a thread running about steering problems with some of the newest trucks. A couple of people there are worried that the leveling kits they have put on their brand new trucks will cause them problems if their steering develops the looseness that others have found. This one problem is running several thousand dollars to fix.

A delete is the total end of any power train warranty. Depending on your dealer it might kill the whole warranty. I figure the warranty is worth between $5,000 and $10,000. You could be lucky and never need it but you could be unlucky and be asking for a buy back at some point. If you do a delete you can forget about it. It is prudent to hold off until you are sure you won't need the warranty anymore.

In a manner of speaking, you don't even own your truck until the warranty is gone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
This all sounds like a lot of fun. I would just like to add a little cautionary input. Several posts have talked about trashing all of the junk that comes off in a delete. That isn't a good idea. You never know what the gumament has up its sleeve. I would keep all of the deleted stuff just in case. Personally I would rather buy a deleted truck but most people prefer an untouched vehicle. Someday you may want to sell and putting the deleted stuff back on may make that more profitable. It kind of goes against the grain for most of us but it could mean thousands to the next owner. Just having the pile of stuff to pass on could make the difference in a sale.
I also should add. The crap I took off this truck was failing. It is and will be a problem for many owners of this generation of Duramax. Once the warranty wears off the high cost of replacement parts will make even more people go to the aftermarket and delete instead of repair.
Just saying -the Government helped create the problem. Along with the manufacturers faulty engineering and execution. Not at all concerned in their future interference.
I truly believe I will never reinstall any of that junk. If someone in the future might feel the need that will be their problem!
Look around at the cost of used Diesels, deleted or not. Just saying!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
101 - 104 of 104 Posts