Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent over an hour searching to find out if anyone has put some 305/55/20's of a stock 2011 Denali wheel with stock ride height and had any issues. The only information I found close to what I was searching for was someone who did it on a 2015 and they mentioned where the 2015's have more space inside the wheel well than the 2011. That led me to believe that they wouldn't fit without a level or some type of modification to the wheel well.

I have a friend who works at Michelin and is able to get me a brand new set of BF Goodwrench KO2s in 305/55/20 for about half of the retail cost and I am wanting to get them, but I am having doubts that they will fit.

I do have wheels from a 2017 Denali on my truck and it currently isn't leveled. But I am definitely willing to put a leveling kit on if the wheels will fit.

Any and all opinions/pictures appreciated if you have a similar setup.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not one single person huh?

·
Registered
74 Posts
33-12.5x20 are effectively the same size. I run them on a 16 with offset and no issues. Only leveled. 305/55/20 came off of it. Biggest I can go though. Just a FYI, the domestic sizing was $20/tire cheaper than the metric.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd think they are too wide for factory wheels, you'll have wondering issues.

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are not too wide for factory wheels. Look up Custom Offsets and you will find a lot of pre 2015 trucks running that size. You will need a leveling kit, but it will look great and handle better than stock. I had that size on my 15 two weeks after I bought the truck and put 20k miles on them before I lifted my truck. Good luck!

·
Registered
916 Posts
12.5s are very feasible, hell im doin it now with a 35 and drives like a dream, I have even seen multiple people running 38x15.5 on stock 20s

·
Registered
486 Posts
friend has a 15 denali and put 35x12.5 20 bfg ko2's,,just barely rub at full lock.I'll be getting the same tires for my 16.

Reactions: denarli6.6

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
friend has a 15 denali and put 35x12.5 20 bfg ko2's,,just barely rub at full lock.I'll be getting the same tires for my 16.
From what I read on DF the 15+ trucks have a larger fender wells than earlier trucks. So I think I'll level it and roll with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As long as you run factory offset or factory wheels, 35's work. See tons of them. I have offset with Soda's that would definitely rub with anything larger than 33-12.5's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts