Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2011 GMC 2500 Duramax. I've worked at Lou's Custom Exhaust for the last eight years and I've done a million diesel systems. However, I've never seen anything like the exhaust on my truck because it has the diesel exhaust fluid injector. I'm stumped on where to start, not sure what to do with all the sensors and airlines running into the muffler/re-burner. I heard H&S is going to be making a tuner soon, but haven't heard anything about the exhaust. Can the exhaust be modified without a tuner?

I want to eliminate the DEF and DPF completely, but not sure if I can. I live in MA and am worried about the MA inspection with all the EPA bs.

Any suggestions or opinions on where to start? Thanks

· Registered
3,284 Posts
Unfortunately you will have to have a tuner to do exhaust modifications. I believe H&S is out now for the LML.

Welcome to the DF!

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about ma state inspection>?

well once i put a H&S tuner in it and do the exhaust will i still be able to get a inspection sticker in ma>????

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Most likely no.... Man Im glad I have never had to go through a vehicle inspection!!!!

· Registered
1,439 Posts
I doubt it will make it too Montana!!! or surrounding states like WY,ND,SD Too many people rely on diesel pickups and machinery

· Registered
1,439 Posts
If it does good luck catching me!!! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.