Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed, truck needs washed but I snapped some pics anyway. Still has a slight rake in the rear, which according to the BDS direction is the way the lift is supposed to be installed. I might level it out a little bit later, just depending on how the CV angles look just adjusting the torsion bars. But anyway, here she is:

Gonna get my AMP power steps installed Friday. Cant wait, its hard to believe how big the truck is without seeing it in person. The pics just dont do it justice.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
pictures never do lol. My rig looks low as crap compared to how it actually sits.

Looks extremely good though man! Any thoughts on taking off the z71 stickers?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pictures never do lol. My rig looks low as crap compared to how it actually sits.

Looks extremely good though man! Any thoughts on taking off the z71 stickers?
Thanks bro, I thought about taking em off, but those stickers cost me like $300. haha I bought the truck brand new and it had the Z71 package which I really didnt need since I was going to be lifting it anyway.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Looks awesome. I'm wanting to do the same lift on mine(have to pick it up from the dealer first since i bought it when i was out of town and am still out of town). How is the ride? Do you think there would be enough room for 37s? Again awesome truck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome. I'm wanting to do the same lift on mine(have to pick it up from the dealer first since i bought it when i was out of town and am still out of town). How is the ride? Do you think there would be enough room for 37s? Again awesome truck.
Honestly, to me the ride is better than stock. Stock my truck had a real stiff and nervous ride, especially over really rough roads. The back end would literally hop. Now with the lift and Fox shocks, the truck rides great. Very smooth on the highway and feels like it has a lot more wheel travel over the big bumps. Now dont get me wrong, it still rides like a truck and not an escalade, but to me the ride is improved over stock. There is definately enough room for 37s. I opted for 35s because I still want to be able to tow with the truck, you can tell a differance in the power of the truck with the larger tires. Its not sluggish at all but the stockers are a lot light lighter in weight and rolling resistance.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple more pics. Sorry they arent super hi-res I was just using my iPhone while I was down by Lake Erie...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, that turned out nice! I love that look...looks tough as hell!

The ride drives my wife crazy. She hates how bumpy it is, and it's tempting to invest in a suspension, but mine is 2WD, so I would want something more performance oriented for the street.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Love it. Can't imagine dumping 60k+ though.

Either way, nice truck!

·
Registered
915 Posts
I hate you! Haha just kidding, love the look of it..

·
Registered
987 Posts
it looks damn good!!!! i want a LML with this lift and 37's!!!!!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Looks sweet

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
897 Posts
That is a great looking truck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys! I dont know what other mods to do next. I am keeping the powertrain stock for warranty purposes now. I dont really think there is much else it needs

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice rig man, your truck would look sick with a front bumper like this!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
looks so good

·
Registered
263 Posts
it looks great, i always feel trucks need some rack. but ore then 2in then i would go up a bit in the frotn

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to put some road armor bumpers on it but they dont make em for the 2011 GMC trucks yet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts