Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have this problem where your 2011 leaf springs are squeaking. ive tried lubricant NOT wd40 but a heavy grease spray. it obv didnt work cause im on here asking. Any ideas on what is causing it and should i be worrying?:help

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Squeak or slap? Make sure the isolators are still on the overload springs. Personally if it were me I would take it back to the dealer & tell them to fix it. You paid big bucks on the truck. Make them make it right.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
2500 or 3500??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well! might have left some needed information out. and i certainly do not want to get yelled at like the guy did in the tire and wheels section for not having a signature written up.
to answer a your questions: its a squeak, 2500, diesel and 28,000 miles. i bought it used with 17,000 miles on it. no apparent leveling kit. or torsion bars raised.

·
Registered
65 Posts
its a clamp on the leaf spring causing the noise nothing major if you want it fixed it needs leaf springs

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Even if you bought it used you can take it to a dealer and let them take care of it. Warranty transfers to the new owner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Heres the outcome. i did finally have some time to take it in to the gmc dealership. They put some grease between the springs and the rubber on both of them. It did stop the squeak......for now! What they told me was that when it came from the asslembly line they had never greased any of the spring componets....fine dust had helped make it squeak really loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts