Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is the problem. I bought a 2011 LTZ, Tricked out, Nav, Sunroof, the works.

It is 2 months old, 2200 miles, and has always been in Houston. For those who don't watch the news, that means it has seen rain twice, yes twice in 2 months. It has never been off the road, and is garage kept, and has not been modified at all.

So now I start noticing a few rust spots on the frame under the rear wheel wells. So I decided to crawl under and look around.

Now I am freaked out! Everywhere I look there are rust spots on the frame. Not just little spots, spots that are growing rust! The transmission pan has corrosion spots all over it and is starting to develop rust.

This looks like a truck that has been driven in the salt for 10 yrs.

I know I can clean it up and spray some undercoating over it, But I shouldn't have to!

I have an appointment at the dealership on Monday to discuss the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this happening.

See Pics:

Attachments

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Let us know what the dealers say.

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
how many miles on that truck? that sucks

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
dammit, has it seen salt. the lmm's have a grease coating on the frame not even paint..it a fN mess. suprised to see the lml doing that

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
When and where was the truck built? Did the dealer do a dealer trade and get it from a northern dealer? I have seen this before. The truck could have set in the lot for a while. Believe it or not it never has to see a road or salt to develop rust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Built 3/11 in Flint Michigan

Originating dealer was Munday Chevrolet in Houston

Purchased 7/9/11 In Houston

So, yes, it sat for a short time on the dealer lot, Approx 6-8 weeks.

However, it has not even rained in Houston in 6 months, we are 22" low and in the worst drought in recorded history. We have not even had the typical 80-90% humidity that normally accompanies our summers.

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
Built 3/11 in Flint Michigan

Originating dealer was Munday Chevrolet in Houston

Purchased 7/9/11 In Houston

So, yes, it sat for a short time on the dealer lot, Approx 6-8 weeks.

However, it has not even rained in Houston in 6 months, we are 22" low and in the worst drought in recorded history. We have not even had the typical 80-90% humidity that normally accompanies our summers.
Doesn't add up.

Keep us updated.

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
Looks just like mine!!! except for the rust. Looks like the greasy undercoating is missing from yours. I thought they all came with the grease????? looks like something was sprayed under there like acid or something??????

·
Registered
772 Posts
Did you take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Taking it Monday. Have it arranged with the service manager. Taking pics to send to the GM rep...

·
Registered
772 Posts
hmm my guess would be all that salt. I hope they can work something out for you!

·
Registered
731 Posts
That truck has seen salt being built in march in MI. plus I'm sure it got salt spray being hauled south on a truck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So what happened ???? Did they fix it or ?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts