Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving in 4H pulled into gas station turn it to 2H to pull onto dry concrete light immediately info center started saying service traction control service stabilitrak service 4W/D does anyone have any ideas, been to two different places with no luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
GM's wonderful transfer case actuator would be my bet. There is a 50$ sensor inside a 600$ actuator assembly that usually fails. When you selected to go back to 2H either the actuator did no fully move, or the sensor did not see the movement and the computer is telling you it did not see the change.
I fought my 2006 actuator till one day all the lights started randomly flashing and I got stuck with it locked in 4L, but I made it back to town very slowly. Luckily I guess it could have totally failed in Neutral.
The GM actuator sucks in my experience.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
GM's wonderful transfer case actuator would be my bet. There is a 50$ sensor inside a 600$ actuator assembly that usually fails. When you selected to go back to 2H either the actuator did no fully move, or the sensor did not see the movement and the computer is telling you it did not see the change.
I fought my 2006 actuator till one day all the lights started randomly flashing and I got stuck with it locked in 4L, but I made it back to town very slowly. Luckily I guess it could have totally failed in Neutral.
The GM actuator sucks in my experience.
So your 2006 is the same as a 2011?
The entire transfer case (and associated electronics/encoder motor) is totally different between your 2006 and the original posters LML.

Rather than telling him to spend his money replacing a part that probably wont fix the issue, it would be more helpful to him to have him first get the codes read, so we know what the ACTUAL problem is.

To the OP: did everything go back to normal if you shut the truck off for 2 minutes and then restarted it?

Ben

·
Registered
846 Posts
C0561 - Do not worry about this one yet. - Code sets because the EBCM receives an invalid message from another module over GMLAN which causes EBCM to deactivate ABS, traction control system and electronic stability control.

C0569 - Probably being set due to issues with the rotational position sensor (RPS), incremental position sensor (IPS), encoder motor, motor A or B circuits, RPS or IPS circuits when the transfer case control module attempts to determine location the location cannot be determined correctly. Since the position was not correctly learned the transfer case control module cannot determine what circuit or sensor is at fault. The transfer case control module will set a C0569 System Configuration Error and does not run any further diagnostic trouble codes.

-This is an internal fault detection of the transfer case control module. No external circuits are involved.
-This DTC is set anytime a transfer case control module is replaced or reprogrammed.
-The automatic transfer case (ATC) Motor Learn procedure must be performed in order for the transfer case control module to learn current clutch tolerance based on clutch stack-up and accumulated clutch wear.

Action Taken -

--Range shifting is disabled until the ATC Motor Learn procedure has been performed.
The SERVICE 4WD indicator illuminates.
--No Range position LED’s illuminated.

Hope this helps with your diagnosis. Do you have any questions

·
Registered
2 Posts
HELP! I have a 14 GMC LML Denali. I got in it and turned the key and the 4wd/traction/stabiltrak came on out of nowhere. Anyone have this issues? Any suggestion on where to start looking? WS sensors are good...steering sensor is good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is the issue I had w/ my 2014 Duramax LML
Stopped for fuel, went to leave but when I started the engine the same message you had was on my message center. Plus ...
door locks when up & down rapidly; no gear indicator; after driving a few miles it got Really sluggish as if plowing thru 2 feet of snow in FWD Low; then no reverse
Towed to dealer.
Dealer conducted tests and concluded the Transmission Control Module failed internally. I did have extended warranty so it was covered but I did see the repair bill $1057.08

Hope yours doesn't turn out like mine did. I purchased the GMC at a Dodge dealer (that was a mistake), so it was taken to a GMC dealer for repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts