Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little help please. I have a 2011 3500 6.6. And when I start it there’s a big puff of blue smoke. Usually it only lasts about 5-10 minutes but now it’s all the time. Not sure if it’s fuel or oil. Anyone have a similar experience and how did you fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
A little more info would be good.

Has it been tuned and if so what kind of tune?

Aftermarket turbo?

Does it use oil?

Have you been checking level?

How many miles?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I guess that would be helpful. This is my first diesel so I’m still learning. I had the engine rebuilt due to it being a water recovery truck. It’s been deleted but has just been programmed for that. It does use oil, I check it regularly and have to add about a quart or so a month. It only had 21k miles when I rebuilt the motor and only has 10k on it since the rebuild. Unfortunately the mech who did the work is now in jail.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Does it have alot of blowby? Using a quart of oil in a month on a new rebuild is not normal.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not too bad, only when I stomp on it. The residue around the exhaust pipe is oily and not dry as well. My thought exactly about it being a new build and all. My fear is that I’m going to take it in and they’re going to see a lot more stuff that wasn’t done right and it’s going to cost a fortune to fix

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
How much pressure or smoke is coming out the oil fill?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts