Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of oil does the duramax come with. Is it conventional motor oil or does it come with synthetic? If it does come with conventional when can I switch to synthetic?

Same with the driveline, do they come with synthetic?

I also curious about using Amsoil Diesel Concentrate. I used it in my 2005 because it wasnt really designed for Ultra low but the 2011 is. Is there a benefit to using it in the 2011?:drink

·
Registered
263 Posts
im betting it comes with gm covertional fuilds. as far as when to change i would go about 10,000

·
Registered
278 Posts
All Fluids are Mobil re badged as AC Delco. Front and rear axles are Mobil Synthetic Gear lube. Transfer case and trans are Mobil Dexron VI Conventional.

·
Registered
994 Posts
did all duramax's come with Delvac?? Ive been told by others that they come with chevron DELO from factory

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Delvac1300 rebadged for ACdelco

·
Vendor
10,964 Posts
What type of oil does the duramax come with. Is it conventional motor oil or does it come with synthetic? If it does come with conventional when can I switch to synthetic?

Same with the driveline, do they come with synthetic?

I also curious about using Amsoil Diesel Concentrate. I used it in my 2005 because it wasnt really designed for Ultra low but the 2011 is. Is there a benefit to using it in the 2011?:drink
Some how missed this thread sorry. I have had guys switch their LML over at anywhere from 1500-5000k miles. There are different opinions on getting synthetic in the diffs. I have heard 5k from several folks. You aren't going to hurt a thing switching now vs. later. There are a good bunch of vehicles coming off the assembly line with synthetics in them.

AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate is safe for any diesel application. I see a benefit to it because you want to keep your fuel system clean and lubricated. If you are starting off with a clean system, why let it get junked up? I would run it and the cetane booster in every tank if nothing else to help with fuel economy.

AMSOIL has two options for the LMM and LML owners now. You have a OE 15W-40 full synthetic which is a OEM drain interval oil or you can run the extended drain Premium CJ4 15W-40 Diesel Oil but with this and the fact you have a DPF installed you will need to do oil analysis to confirm you are not having problems with fuel dilution. We know you won't because of the 9th injector on the LML but they haven't gotten enough information at AMSOIL to do anything with the drain intervals on them yet.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Take care,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts