Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am missing something but the supplemental manual that came with my new Duramax is rather vague on the engine oil intervals. From what I read is that I should run it until the DIC says to change it or once a year, whichever comes first. When do you get the first oil change? Waiting a year for the first one with a new truck seems excessive.

Secondly, I would use amsoil fuel concentrate in my 2005 duramax, is it recommended that I do the same for the 2011?

·
Registered
457 Posts
The salesman ( I know let me have it for listening to him) had a 2010 and he said go by the DIC and do not change it before it gets below 10%. Thats what I did and I think I was about 8-9k.

·
Vendor
10,959 Posts
I would go by mileage. 5k for the first one is ok then go by whatever brand of oil you use. With your LML if you plan to use extended drain oil like Premium CJ4 15W-40 from AMSOIL you will need to conduct oil analysis to ensure you are not having fuel dilution problems. While we all understand the 9th injector takes care of that issue now, AMSOIL doesn't have enough information yet to change the drain intervals on the LML. They now offer a OEM drain interval oil called OE 15W-40 Diesel Oil that could be used in the newer motors until they determine the drain intervals out.

AMSOIL fuel concentrate is safe for any diesel engine exhaust systems.

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts