Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2011 Silverado 2500HD Makeover

11K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  WhiteHD11 
#1 ·
I bought my truck exactly 9 years ago today. It has 109K miles. I love it and decided I want to keep it another 9 years. But, it's showing it's age and updates are in order. The look will change from offroad to more street.

Phase 1 changes are done. I installed new Morimoto XB LED headlights. They came with a set of matching LED fogs. But, I didn't have fog lights. That led to a full conversion of the front bumper. The black headlights also led to a new black grille, grille logo, and paintable hood trim. Lastly, the stainless bed rails and bed rail caps were removed to allow for the installation of a used Undercover hard tonneau I picked up. This will get painted white during Phase 2.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
I like everything you've done except the wheels, I don't think they compliment the rest of your updates.

#37 ·
I love everything about it except the 3 lights in the grill. Too raptoresque to me. Plus here in Kansas everyone and there mom seems to have them now days. Rangers, 4 runners, Tacoma's, Pathfinders, have seen a ton. But other than that love it. I love the equal height look. Are the boost auto mirrors that nice? They look baller, I just can't get my self to drop 500 bucks on mirrors when my stock ones work fine. Man I love the drop on it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#38 ·
I get it. That’s one of the reasons I switched to white.

I only bought the switchback lights from Boost, not the mirrors. They are quality, though.

The truck is back at the body shop getting a custom hood installed. I’m looking forward to getting it home.

#39 ·
The white LEDs do help a little bit. But still not for me.

What brand are your mirrors then?

Please post pictures when you get it back from paint. Metal hood or fibreglass?

#41 ·
I like it! Little bit taller than stock but way more functional. I like the new badges but feel like on a stock hood they would not flow well. On this I could see them being perfect!

#45 ·
Your truck looks great. I did the blacked out badges awhile back and I couldn’t be happier.
Font Bumper Logo Vehicle Emblem
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Hood Windshield
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel
Text Logo Font Label Auto part

Reactions: dsmspick
#48 ·
Do you want to sell the emblem?

#50 ·
Thanks, that is going to look good on my new sub box.😎

#51 ·
Not gonna lie... As I was flowing this thread I was like... Ohh.... Nice... Ehhhh.... Awesome.... Mehhh...

But I'm diggin the final product. It looks fast parked. Let's see a pic of the whole rig from the front. Must look awesome coming down the highway

Reactions: WhiteHD11
#53 ·
Hey bud truck looks good . Was just wondering what a paint job like that runs for . If you’re into vent shades , I just installed some paint matched ones on my truck over the window . It makes the window look shorter or “chopped” per say . And they are low profile . Just think it may look good on your truck if your ever looking for more ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I know this look isn't for everyone, but it's exactly what I wanted.

As for paint job cost, expect to pay at least $10K for quality work. I had quotes as high as $30K! I actually had a hard time finding shops that wanted to do a full paint job. The business model seems to be only accident repair these days.

Here's a few more shots...

#55 ·
I’m really glad it looks so good without that emblem.😁

Reactions: WhiteHD11
#57 ·
Been living in Port Charlotte, Florida for a year now and the state welcomed me with a direct hit by Hurricane Ian. We have lots of home repairs to complete, but it could have been much worse. Just prior to the hurricane, I sent my headlights in for some repair. The upper row of DRLs on one light went out. Since they had to be opened, I figured we might as well do some upgrades. The side markers were changed from amber to white and RGB demon eyes were added to the projectors.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Grille

Grille Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Tire

#58 ·
Two years later and I still really dig your truck.👍🏻🍻😎

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.